Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Six


I was interrupted from the map when I heard my phone beeping from the clutch. I dashed over and picked it up. One new text message! It was Nick:

Nick-J: Hi. We’re getting to the club early. If you’re not finished yet, don’t rush, it’s ok.

I read what the text said and then replied:

Ali-P: No, it’s ok. We’re almost finished anyways. See you soon!

“Kaycee, are you almost finished?” I hollered at her. It would take us a good 15 minutes to walk to the club from the ship, and Nick and his brothers were already there. It was a good thing we hadn’t stayed out tanning for longer than we did.

“Yep, I’m done.” Kaycee said as she came around the corner.

“Alright, let’s go. Nick just texted me. There on their way to the club right now.” I said, sliding my phone back into my clutch. I picked up the directions in my other hand as Kaycee grabbed her purse and followed behind me out the cabin.

We were both glad we hadn’t worn heels because as soon as we hit the sand between the short distance from the end of the boardwalk and the start of the promenade, it was difficult to walk through the sand.

We followed the route I had drawn on the map, and just like I’d suspected, we made it to the club in fifteen minutes flat. I was surprised when I didn’t see the guys standing outside the club.

“Uhm, where are they?” I asked Kaycee as she too glanced around.

“Maybe there inside? I don’t think they’d stand out here in broad daylight. They’d be asking to be mauled.” Kaycee shrugged. I nodded and we went inside the club.

There was a young man standing behind a podium in a little waiting lounge-type of area, and I went over to him.

“Hi, have the Jonas Brothers arrived yet?” I asked him. The look on his face was shocked at first.

He probably wants to know why fan girls are here, and how we know the boys are here. The only thing is, I have no proof stating that we are their dates for the evening.

“Excuse me one moment, miss. What’s your name?” He asked. I saw the flash of his badge, and read his name: Pete.

“Uhm, yeah, I’m Alison Parker and this is my friend, Kaycee Reese. We’re supposed to be meeting the Jonas’ here tonight.” I exclaimed. Once again the shock returned to his face. I could tell that getting through to him might take a while.

“Alright, Ms. Parker, have a seat. I’ll be right back.” Pete said, turning on his heels.

“Sit. He says.” I mentioned to Kaycee. She looked at me astonishingly, but nodded and we both plopped down on the red velvet couch.


Within moments Pete returned. Much to my pleasure the shock on his face was gone, and replaced with a smile. As he approached us we stood up and went towards the podium.

“Ahh, Ms. Parker, Ms. Reese, follow me right this way.” He gave us a smile and motioned for us to follow him.

I turned to Kaycee and we both let out quiet squeals, trying not to interrupt others as we passed. Pete led us into a secluded area, and right away I saw the Jonas’. I noticed a girl sitting with Kevin, and recognized her immediately as his fiancée, Danielle.

“Is that Danielle?” Kaycee asked me not a second later.

“Yeah. She must’ve flown down to meet them here.” I replied. I quickly put a smile on my face as the host ‘handed us over’ to the brothers.

Nick got up from his place at the U-shaped booth and let Kaycee slip in next to Joe. I slipped in next so that I was between Kaycee & Nick, sitting opposite of Kevin who sat next to Joe. Danielle was sitting on the outside, across from Nick.

“Kaycee, Ali, this is Kevin’s fiancée, Danielle.” Nick introduced us. “Danielle, this is Joe’s date, Kaycee, and my date, Ali.”

We all exchanged our hello’s and then the waitress came to give us our menus.

“We chose this place because it’s has the best seafood around.” Joe explained as he passed a menu down to Kevin.

“Actually,” Nick said, flipping over his menu with a grin on his face, “Joe, chose this place. Danger knows his food.”

“I hope you guys like seafood?” Kevin said, it was more of a statement than a question.

“Yeah, definitely, I love it.” I said, smiling.

“Same here! Seafood is the best!” Kaycee exclaimed, glancing up at Joe who smiled back at her.

Could they not be more perfect for each other? They both act crazy sometimes. I bet they’re going to get along great!

It didn’t take long for all of us to order, and we were only really waiting on Nick. He was testing his blood sugar after he had chosen what he wanted.

“Okay, I’m good to go.” He sighed, placing his meter into the front pocket of his blue-plaid shirt. I noticed that all the Jonas boys were wearing black skinny jeans, and like always, nice shirts.

“Are you all ready to order?” The waitress asked, interrupting my fashion-faze.


We placed our orders and got to talking while we waited for our drinks and food to arrive.

“You look amazing tonight, Ali.” Nick said, leaning close to me so I could hear above the buzzing of other customers.

“Thanks.” I replied, blushing.

“I really love your dress, Ali. Where’d you get it?” Danielle asked. She set her left hand up on the table, and it was intertwined with Kevin’s. For the first time I was actually seeing the engagement ring he had gotten her, and it was beautiful.

“I got it at one of the shops down the prom.” I replied, taking my eyes from her ring.

“It’s gorgeous.” Danielle said. Wow, she was so kind!

“Thank you.” I replied.

“So what are you guys doing tomorrow?” Kaycee asked, interrupting the moment of silence that had dawned over the table.

“We’re actually gonna go hit up the golf course.” Joe said, “There’s nothing like golfing in the Bahamas!”

Nick and I laughed.

“They don’t stand a chance.” Nick pointed to Kevin and Joe. “I always win against them. Joe can’t even hit the golf ball.”

“Oh! I saw that video on YouTube!” Kaycee exclaimed. “The one where Joe can’t hit the ball, but your’s goes flying, Nick.”

I was started laughing again and Kevin, Danielle and Nick joined in.

“Hey! I was just a little rusty.” Joe pouted.



We continued to talk until our food arrived. I had ordered the classic fish & chips; Joe ordered a lobster, same with Kevin; Nick ordered shrimp, and both Danielle and Kaycee had ordered salmon. The food looked delicious and we got to eating right away.

“Where at in L.A. do you live?” Joe was asking me as I cut into my large fish stick.

“I actually live in a neighborhood in Malibu. My house is right on the beach.” I replied, taking a bite of my food after I finished talking.

“Really? That’s not far from our house in L.A.” Nick said.

“What about you Kaycee?” Joe asked, turning to look at her. She put a finger in the air before swallowing, and then speaking up.

“I’m in Malibu too. Not right on the beach, but about a mile’s walk from it.” She replied.

I couldn’t believe we all lived so close to each other. I was getting more lucky by the moment!



By the time I was finished with my food, Joe was the only one still eating. Kaycee was busy talking to him in between bites, and Kevin and Danielle were deeply emerged in a conversation.

I handed my plate to Nick when the waitress came to collect our dishes, and then excused myself to go to the bathroom.

I did my business and renewed my make-up before returning to the table, where Joe was finally finished eating.

“We should go take a walk down on the prom.” Kaycee suggested. “Walk off dinner.”

“That’s a good idea. I think I’ll loose my dinner if it doesn’t start digesting itself.” Joe said, rubbing his stomach.

“Joe.” Nick warned, giving him a serious look.

“What bro? I’m serious.” Joe said. Nick gave him another stern look.

We got up from the table and headed outside while Kevin and his brothers pitched in to pay for the meal.

The wind on the promenade was chilly, and I was wishing I had brought a sweater with me. I thought nights in the Bahamas were supposed to be warm, but I guess I thought wrong!

I pulled my cell out of my clutch and checked the time: 8:oo PM. I had no new text messages, which was surprising since my mom usually texted me around this time to talk about my day. I was interrupted when I heard Joe talking when he came out of the club door.

Kevin put his around Danielle, and Nick came over to me.

“Which way should we go?” I asked him, looking into his brown eyes.

“Uhm, how about this way?” He asked, pointing straight. “That’s the way to the prom.”

“Oh yeah. Right.” I laughed, feeling a little embarrassed. Of course the prom was straight ahead. It lied horizontal with the beach.

We started walking, and Kevin and the others followed behind us.

“I had a good time, tonight, Nick.” I said once we had reached the prom and took a right. “Thanks for inviting me.”

“N-no problem. I had fun too.” Nick said. I could sense he was getting a little shy, especially since it was just the two of us. I risked a quick glance over my shoulder and saw Kaycee was laughing at something Joe had said; his arm around her shoulders. Kevin and Danielle had their hands intertwined and from the pointing Kevin was doing, I figured he must’ve been talking about one of the hotels we were passing.

I giggled a little, and then returned my focus in front of me.

“What’s so funny?” Nick asked, looking over my shoulder.

“Oh, Joe was telling Kaycee something. I don’t know what it was, but she was just laughing.” I said.

A sudden chill coursed up my arms, causing the hair on them and my neck to stand up. I shivered a little.

“Are you cold?” Nick asked, stepping a little closer to me.

“A little.” For a second I thought he would take off his jacket and put it around me, until I realized he didn’t have a jacket on. “What hotel are you guys staying in?” I asked, taking my mind off being chilled.

“At Atlantis Beach Towers. It’s part of the 3-towers of Atlantis…I guess that’s what you’d call it?” Nick said.

“Isn’t that the place with manta rays? And the Aztec-like slide that shoots you underwater past some type of sea creature?” I asked. He made a 'Wow!' face.

“Yeah, it is! How’d you know?” He asked.

“My Dad’s been on vacation here a few times. He stayed at one of those hotels, and he told us about it.” I replied.

“Do you want to do that tomorrow?” Nick asked, stopping suddenly. I felt his hand on my wrist and he pulled me around to face him.

“I thought you and your brothers were going golfing?” I reminded him of what Joe has said earlier during dinner.

“There’s a golf course there. I can golf with them early in the morning. I know Joe wouldn’t mind going to the water-park anyways.” Nick said, laughing.

“Yeah, I mean, I would love to come with you. Are you sure it’s ok though? Don’t you guys want like, some private family time?” I asked, looking up at his eyes once again.

“Our idea of private family time would be going to the water-park.” Nick laughed. “And my parents will see no problem with you and Kaycee coming along, since Danielle is here with Kevin.”

He did make a very good point.

“So does this mean I get to meet your parents too?” I asked him, smiling.

“Yep.” Amazing. He actually smiled with his teeth! Of course, that caused me to smile even bigger. Nick’s hand that wasn’t holding mine moved to my waist and I felt him pull me closer.

Kevin, Danielle, Joe and Kaycee had managed to catch up to us since we had stopped in the middle of the prom.

“Nick, we should probably be getting back to the hotel.” Kevin said once he was within earshot.

His words sounded mumbled too my ears, but only because I was having a hard time not jumping Nick Jonas right then and there and kissing him. His chocolate eyes practically made me melt.

“Nick!” Joe shouted a little, causing both Nick and I to jump.

“What?” He replied, turning around to face his brothers.

“Time to go.” Kevin said, eyeing him cautiously. I felt Nick’s hand slip away from my waist, but his fingers still remained locked with the fingers of my hand. He nodded and started walking back the direction we had come from.

Kaycee and I had decided it best to walk them to their hotel, instead of them walking us to the ship. We didn’t want them to get jumped by crazy fans on the way back. After much debating, they had finally agreed to it, and even Danielle thought the plan was plausible.

It didn’t take us long to reach the hotel, and we said our goodbyes to Joe, Kevin, Nick and Danielle. Dani gave us each a hug before she and Kevin headed into the hotel, leaving Joe and Nick standing with us.

“So we’ll see you tomorrow.” Nick said to me as I still held his hand. We walked under the overhang where guests could unload their luggage, and were standing under the bright light.

“Yeah. I guess you’ll text me with the time?” I asked.

“Yes.” Nick replied. Suddenly he leaned down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed after he had pulled away, and noticed his cheeks were a little pink too. I gave him a smile, and looked over to where Joe and Kaycee were to see them in a full lip-lock.

Well, that didn’t take long. I snickered.

“I guess they’re a couple.” I said to Nick, who was also looking at Joe and Kaycee.

“Confirmed.” Nick laughed. It reminded me of all those gossip sites that ‘confirm’ stars dating. I wondered when this would hit, and promised myself to check the websites sometime later this week.

“Bye.” I said to Nick. He waved goodbye as I turned around. Kaycee and Joe were done kissing.

“Come on Kaycee. It’s a long walk back to the ship.” I said, grabbing her wrist.

“Bye Joe!” She called over her shoulder. I giggled again.

“So are you guys a couple now or what?” I asked.

“I don’t know. He didn’t ask me to be his girlfriend. He just kissed me.” Kaycee replied, a smile forming on her face.

“Friends with benefits, then?” I joked.

“Oh come on, Ali! You know they have a promise.” Kaycee said, laughing too.

Nick was wrong about that whole ‘Confirmed’ thing, then. I thought too myself.

“I know, I know. Come on, let’s get back to the ship.” I said, walking down the winding driveway, with Kaycee at my hip.



No comments:

Post a Comment