Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Eight

~.Alison’s POV.~

The past few days had gone by so quickly, and I was dreading the return back to L.A. in just two more days.

Kaycee and I had spent most of the days after the Bahamas, hanging out with the boys on the ship.

Surprisingly we were able to actually do the fun things that were on the ship without being jumped by fans. The boys were definitely thankful for that, and so were me and Kaycee. We got to hang more with Kevin, too, because he had to leave Danielle back in the Bahamas.

Tonight the boys had invited us to dinner, once again. So at that very moment Kaycee and I were in our room, jamming out to some music and getting ready for the evening.

We each had picked a casual outfit, not wanting to get too fancy; afterall, it’s not like they have super fancy restaurants on a Disney Cruise.

I slipped on a white Beatles tee, and a pair of jean shorts. Kaycee was rocking a loose blue tee over a white tank, with some white jean shorts.

“Are you ready to go?” I asked Kaycee from the bathroom, where I was applying a bit of make-up and fluffing up my hair.

“Yep!” She called from the main room. She came into the bathroom, carring her purse. “Let’s go, chica!”

I squealed, ruffled my hair once more, and then we dashed out of the room.

We met up with Kevin, Joe and Nick at one of the fair-sized diners on the boat. We sank down into our seats and waited for the waiter to bring us menus.

“So where is your first back-to-tour concert at?” I asked Nick, taking a sip from my lemonade.

“It’s in Portland, Oregon.” He said. “We’re going to stop along the way. Go sightseeing. Go to the beach.”

“Sounds fun.” I said, giving him a smile which he returned.

“Hey, did you know the beach makes my hair curly?” Joe asked randomly.

“Yeah! It’s the salt-water. It just does something to his hair.” Kevin said, playing with Joe’s hair. Kaycee and I started laughing hysterically, even though Mr. President only gave a smirk, taking a drink of his Diet Dr. Pepper.

I could feel the eyes of the other passengers on us as we chatted away, and ordered. I kept up a good conversation with the boys though, keeping my mind away from the fans. Of course I knew they were taking pictures of us, and speculating if we were a couple, which we weren’t. Just friends.

“Are you a Beatles fan?” Joe asked as we waited for our dinner to arrive.

“Yep.” I said, glancing down at my shirt.

“Us too!” Joe exclaimed.

“I know, Joe, haha.” I laughed. The look on his face turned from excitement to surprise.

“You do?” He asked.

“Yeah. I read magazines and go on the internet ya know.” I said, giggling. Nick giggled along with me this time.

Score! I finally made him laugh for the first time tonight. Lately he’s seemed kind of nervous. I wonder what’s on his mind?

“Right.” Joe said, nodding. I was sure he was trying to remember when he had said that the Beatles were an influence on their music, because his eyebrows were twisting, and moving up and down in a thinking motion.

Kaycee giggled and slapped him lightly on the shoulder, bringing him out of his daze.

“Ahhh! Food’s here!” He said, the excitement returning to his voice. He stretched his arms up and casually brought his left arm down and placed it around Kaycee’s shoulders. She leaned against him, even though the waiter really had arrived with our food.

As we ate, it dawned on me that we still hadn’t met Papa or Mama Jonas, even though Nick said we would when we were in the Bahamas. We hadn’t though, because they had ended up going off to do things on their own, and then when it was time to go back on the ship, they had flown from the Bahamas back to their Dallas, Texas home with Frankie. Supposedly they were getting back tonight, though…By helicopter, of course.

“You know, Nick, we never got to meet your parents like you said.” I said after I had swallowed the chicken I was eating.

“Yeah, we’d love to meet them.” Kaycee said, looking up at Joe.

“How about you guys come back to our room with us tonight? You can meet them then.” Kevin suggested.

“Sounds good.” I agreed. I looked up at Nick, but he seemed to be in a fixed state, sending a death glare straight at his older brother.

I looked at Kevin, who seemed to return an answer to Nick telepathically, and then I shrugged at Kaycee. The Jonai were very strange boys, yes indeed. But lovable, still.



~.Nick’s POV.~

I couldn’t believe Kevin had just done that! I sent him a death glare, telling him he had just ruined my plan, and he shot me a sympathetic look, making up for an apology.

Now how was I suppose to spring the question at Ali? In front of my parents? In our cabin, where the walls were as thin as cardboard? I think not!

I racked my brain for some plausible explanation as to why I might need to leave early, taking Ali with me. Then I could ask her. All I wanted was to be in private, which included being away from my brothers. Of course I couldn’t possibly think of anything to come up with, since Kevin had upset me.

When I had told them my plan earlier that evening while I was getting ready, they suggested I ask her at the diner. I immediately shot that down - why would I ask her that question in front of a dozen fan-girls? Did my brothers not know how crazy that would be?

I glanced at Ali and she smiled at me in between bites of her food. I smiled back before remembering that we were eating, so I shoved a forkful of rice into my mouth and began thinking again.

The only thing I could come up with was straying behind my brothers as we walked back to the cabin. Yes, that’s what I would do. I pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket, hiding it under the table, and sent them a text message:

Nick-J: When we leave the diner, you two goons walk ahead of me. I’m gonna ask Ali. Joe, make sure Kaycee stays with you…

I heard Joe’s phone vibrate a second later, and the look on his face was priceless.

That’s what he gets for keeping his phone there. I thought to myself, laughing at his expression.

A few seconds later they both had replied:

K2: Got it Nick. (:
Danger: No problem little bro. :P


I smiled as I read the texts. I was interrupted by Ali elbowing my side.

“Nick. Nick?” She asked. “Are you finished?”

I looked at my plate. I had eaten all of my steak, and a few bites of rice. Honestly, I was surprised I’d managed to eat as much as I had, considering how nervous I was.

“Yeah.” I replied, shoving my plate to edge of the table. Ali got up first, followed by me, and then Kevin schooched out from his place at the end of the U-shaped table.

I nodded towards Kevin and Joe, and they started walking ahead of us. As we exited the diner, some fans waved at us, and I waved back with my free hand (I was holding Ali‘s hand in my right).

So far, so good. I thought as Kevin and Joe took the lead. It was surprisingly dark on the ship deck tonight as we walked past portholes of cabins. It felt like a Titanic moment.

I slowed down my pace a little, waiting until Kevin, Joe, and Kaycee were almost out of earshot before I stopped completely. My abrupt stop shocked Ali, and she got jerked backwards.

“Why’d we stop, Nick?” She asked, looking at me with her gorgeous blue eyes.

I just wanted to kiss her already, but first I had to ask the question. The question that had been burning me on the inside since the first day I’d laid eyes on her.

“Ali, I have to ask you something.” I said, my voice a little shaky. Okay, my body was shaking, not my voice. I tried to remember if I had checked my blood sugar before eating, but that didn’t matter right now. First I needed to ask Ali my question.

“What is it, Nick?” She asked, eyeing me. She had her back to the wall, and I took my chance, slowly pushing her backwards, and finally up against it. Both of my hands were intertwined with hers. I could sense that my brothers had stopped walking, although they were farther along the deck, and standing where I couldn’t see them. But I was certain they could see me and Ali, since we were standing directly under a light.

“Will you…be my girlfriend?” I asked, thankful my voice hadn’t cracked.

~.Alison’s POV.~

I couldn’t believe my ears. Had Nick Jonas seriously just asked me to be his girlfriend? OMG! He did! What I was I doing? I needed to reply already.

“Of course…I mean, yes. Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend!” I exclaimed, a smile forming on my face.

Nick smiled big too, showing his teeth. And then he pushed me against the wall tighter, placing his lips on mine.

I couldn’t breathe as he continued to kiss me, forcing his tongue into my mouth. It felt amazing to finally kiss him, and I could sense he felt the same way too. Finally, after what felt like forever, we broke apart, and I gave him the biggest hug ever.

Nick put his arm around my waist as we started walking again, catching up to his brothers and Kaycee, who had been waiting just a few yards away in the complete darkness on the deck.

“Congrats little bro.” Kevin half-whispered to Nick as he fell into step along side us. Joe gave Nick a pat on the back and Kaycee shot me a double thumbs up. I gave her a huge smile in return.




No comments:

Post a Comment