Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Nine

~.Alison’s POV.~

When we reached the Jonas’ suite, Joe unlocked the door and let us in. I had been surprised by the suite in the hotel, but the suite on the ship? Now that was a whole different story. The door opened up to a main hall, and to the right was a little kitchen, and bathroom. Straight ahead there was a living room, and off that, two bedrooms, each with 2 beds.

“Mom and Dad must be in their room.” Joe said as he tossed the keys onto the coffee table in the living room.

“Nick, Frankie and Kevin sleep in there.” Joe pointed to one the room with it’s door opened, “And me, my mom, and dad sleep in here.”

He walked towards the other door and knocked.

“Come in!” A voice from inside said. I recognized it as Mama Jonas’. I couldn’t help but feel a little nervous. I was meeting my boyfriend’s parents.

Joe opened the door, held up a finger to us, and then slipped inside. I guessed he would bring them out into the living room, where there was more room. Plus, it would be awkward going into their bedroom.

Nick and I sat down on the couch, and Kaycee sat down next to me while Kevin grabbed a recliner. A few moments later Joe came back out of his parents room with them and Frankie in tow.

“Hi! You must be Alison.” Mama Jonas came over to me and gave me a hug.
“Yep, that’s me.” I said, giving her a smile.

“I’ve her so much about you.” She squeezed my shoulders, and I looked down at Nick who was blushing.

Papa Jonas came over to me next and shook my hand. “Very nice to finally meet you, Alison.”

“Nice meet you too, Mr. Jonas.” I said, sitting back down next to Nick.

“Please, call me Paul.” He said.

Mrs. Jonas -err, Denise- was giving Kaycee a hug before she sat down next to Kevin.

Frankie gave me a small smile as he skipped across the floor to go and sit on his mom’s lap.

“So you’re the girls that the boys have been spending all their time with, and who they just can’t keep talking about!” Denise said excitedly. I gave a faint smile, getting embarrassed for myself, and for Nick, who was bright red right about now.

Joe must’ve noticed, because he started giggling. Kaycee slapped his leg playfully, but it didn’t stop him.

And this was why I hated meeting parents. It was always so awkward, and whomever was the kid of the parent always got humiliated. Poor Nick.

I gave Nick a nudge with my elbow, and he looked up at me. I winked at him.

“Ali’s my girlfriend.” He said nonchalantly, giving a small smile.

“That’s great, honey!” Denise exclaimed. Paul said congratulations and gave Nick a pat on the knee.

I guessed that Joe had already told his parents that him and Kaycee were a ‘thing’, because he didn’t mention it after Nick spilled our news.


We continued to chat with the Mama and Papa Jonas for a while longer and then we decided we should probably get back to our own cabin and go to sleep.

Nick and Joe walked with us outside, where we could say our goodbyes privately…well somewhat; it didn’t matter to Nick or Joe that they kissed their girlfriend’s in front of one another.

“So, how long do you think it will take for a picture of us kissing to hit the internet?” I questioned Nick after he’d pulled his lips apart from mine.

“I dunno.” He said, his lips just inches away from mine. I took the lead this time and gave him a soft kiss on the lips, while wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling my fingers through his curls.

“What’s on the agenda for tomorrow?” I asked him.

“Disney wants us to do an interview with them before the cruise is over. They want to ask us about our time on the cruise. Maybe I can sneak you into the studio.” He whispered, hugging me close.

“They have a studio on the ship?” I asked in surprise. Really, I shouldn’t have been surprised. It was a Disney Cruise. With Disney Channel stars. Of course there was bound to be a studio on board for interviews. And who knows, maybe there happened to be a recording studio nearby too.

“Yep. It’s down below on another deck, so the fans don’t really know about it. Anyway, we’re supposed to be there at 10 am. I’m sure some fans won studio passes, so if I can get one, I’ll give it too you.” He winked at me.

I squeezed him tight one last time before breaking apart and joining Kaycee who was waiting for me.

We started off towards our cabin, and when I glanced over my shoulder I could see that Nick was watching us walk off. He caught my glance and blew me a kiss. I pretended to catch it, and put it in my pocket.



The following morning I was up by 8:30 am. I usually didn’t get up this early, so I was really tired. I decided to take a shower to see if it woke me up, and it did, thankfully.

I pulled on a dark navy tank top, and a pair of jean Bermuda shorts. I went out into the main room to grab some ankle socks and my converse, careful not to wake Kaycee. She had decided not to go with me this morning because she had woken up during the middle of the night with an upset stomach. I had told her I would have Joe come by after the interview to check up on her.

As soon as my shoes were tied, I grabbed my sunglasses and was out the door.

Nick had managed to get me a pass to his studio interview that morning, but I couldn’t get it until I got there, which was going to be quite difficult considering that tons of girls would be there with their cameras, and Nick would have to come out and give me the ticket in person. Oh yes, this wasn’t going to be pretty.

I followed the directions Nick had given me and finally reached the studio. It was on one of the lower level decks, about 3 flights of stairs down from the main deck; and it was quite easy to find, despite Nick saying hardly anyone knew about it. If you were to just come walking down here, you’d find it. Mainly on this deck there were offices and rooms for the staff, so if you could get past staff, it’d be easy to get to the studio.

The studio was a relatively good size, well as much as I could see from the windows in the hallway, anyway. I figured there must be a room for the stars to get ready for their interview, because I didn’t see the boys in the studio.

There were only about 20 girls standing outside the studio doors, plus me of course. I managed to push my way through them so that I was standing to the left of the studio. I saw a door that read Disney Stars Only! and I guessed that that was the door leading to the backroom.

I looked in the studio thru the windows and saw the radio host coming to unlock the door to let the fans in. As soon as he unlocked it, I heard the backroom door creak open, and a “pssst!”

I turned around to see Nick standing there, waving frantically for me to come inside. I dashed for the door as quick as possible, hearing some girls screaming as I realized they had seen Nick.

I heard the door shut behind me and turned around.

“Did they see you?” I asked him.

“Yeah. They were coming at the door, but I shut it just in time.” He said, coming over to me and wrapping his arms around my shoulder.

“So much for the pass. Sneaking me in worked out fine, huh?” I said, laughing.

“Well, you’re gonna come into the main room when we do the interview. So you have to have the pass for that…” Nick explained as he led me to the backroom.

Joe and Kevin were sitting in chairs, getting their hair fixed.

“Hi, Alison.” Joe said when I walked past him. “Where’s Kaycee?”

“She woke up in the middle of the night sick to her stomach. I told her you’d come by after the interview though, if you don’t mind.” I said, sitting on the couch that Nick had led me too.

“Ah. Yeah I’ll stop by and see how she’s doing.” Joe said, picking up his cell phone. I knew he was going to send her a text and ask her how she was.

Suddenly the door to the studio burst open and a guy said “You’re on.”
Joe and Kevin jumped up from their chairs and headed for the door.

“Nick, where’s the pass?” I asked him as he started to get up. I pulled on his hand that had been intertwined with mine, and he fell back on the couch.

“Right here.” He said, handing it too me. As I read it, a sly smile formed on his lips. The pass said Jonas Brothers Disney Interview: V.I.P.

“What does this mean?” I asked him, a smile forming on my own face.

“It means you get to stand with my mom, Dad and Frankie while we get interviewed.” He said, pulling me up from the couch.

We headed out into the studio, and I could see that the fans were standing against a half-wall partition to the left of the studio, while there was a solid half-wall with glass from waist height to the top of my head. There was also door in it that separated back stage from the actual studio. I was still able to hear everything the boys said, due to the wall not meeting the roof; another good thing was that I couldn‘t see the fans, either, because their viewing area was pushed farther back, and they also had a solid wall that went out a ways, finally meeting up with the glass. The boys went through the door and I stood against the wall, next to Frankie and Mama Jonas.

When the boys took their seats, they were facing the corner where the two walls met.

“Good morning everyone! Your listening to Disney Cruise Radio! I’m Kyle Brescia. Today we have very special guests, The Jonas Brothers!” Kyle, the radio-host spoke into a microphone. As soon as he said “The Jonas Brothers” the fans in the audience erupted in screams and cheers.

Nick was sitting the closest to me, then Joe and then Kevin.

“Nick, Kevin, Joe, how are you this morning?” Kyle asked. He had one of those perfect speaking voices, which was probably the reason why he was the radio-host.

“Great.” The boys said in unison, all giving big smiles; Nick gave his secluded, closed-lip smile.

“Have you been enjoying your time on the Cruise?” Kyle asked.

“Yeah. I mean, we’re having a blast. It’s definitely a new experience for us.” Joe commented.

“Yeah, we’ve never performed before on a ship!” Kevin exclaimed.

“What about the Bahamas? Now, you guys didn’t do any performances while you were there, did you?” Kyle asked.

“No.” Nick spoke up. “We’ve been to the Bahamas before, and we have done performances. But this time we just went to hang out and have fun. We golfed and hit up the water park at our hotel.”

“I was surfing the gossip sites like I always do, and found pictures of you guys at the water park. Nick and Joe, you each had a girl with you. Can you tell us more about them?” Kyle asked.

“They’re great girls. Fans actually.” Joe exclaimed. At this the fans in the audience booed a little bit.

“Are they your girlfriends?”

“Like Joe said, they’re great girls. Anybody would be lucky to date them.” Nick replied. He turned towards me and gave me a wink. I smiled in return, just as Kyle turned his head to see who Nick had been winking at.

“Come on. You guys are adults. We need a confirmation. The water park wasn’t the only time you were spotted with the girls. Apparently you’ve been spotted many times, dining on the ship together.” Kyle pushed on. I wondered what the boys’ response to this would be.

Nick turned to look at Joe and then gave a sigh and a shrug. What was he going to do?

I watched as Joe gave a solemn nod towards Nick, and then they both turned back to the mics.

“Yes.” Nick said, pausing. “They are our girlfriends.”

The studio audience gasped and I could hear them whispering and discussing things.

Kyle continued on with asking the boys questions, finally moving away from the relationship subject and on to the World Tour.

After another 30 minutes, the boys were finished with their interview and we all headed into the back room.

“That was a great interview!” I said to them when the door had finally shut behind us.

“Great? The first part was so awkward!” Joe piped up, taking a seat on the couch.

“I still think you guys did good.” I said, smiling. I gave Nick a hug and he smiled back at me.




1 comment:

  1. First off, I have to say that I LOVE cruise ships.
    I spent over 12 years working on them as a Scuba Instructor,
    Shore Excursion Manager and an IT Officer.

    For 2 years I also worked shoreside in Miami as a database IT guy.

    During my years on ships, I have to stay that many things happened
    and that life is definately stranger than fiction on cruise ships.

    Many people have asked me to share the stories I have collected over
    the years, so I am complying with their request.

    My site is: www.cruiseshipstories.com

    If you had any stories of your own to add, please
    send them to me and I will be happy to add them.

    Sean B. Halliday
    www.cruiseshipstories.com

    ReplyDelete