Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Eleven

~.Alison’s POV.~

After breakfast, the ‘Disney’ group, as Joe now called us all, headed over to the on-deck pool for a swim after we had all dashed back to our cabins to change. The pool wasn’t all that crowded today since everyone was busy packing their clothes, not worrying about the last-minute dip.

I was relaxing on my beach chair while I watched Joe and Nick out in the water. They were attempting to play Marco Polo, and Nick was clearly winning. I heard him laugh as he swam in the opposite direction that Joe was searching.

“Marco!” Joe yelled out.

He must not have great hearing, because Kaycee was swimming right behind him, mimicking his movements. That was the safest way to play…unless the seeker wasn’t deaf! Joe suddenly stopped and spun around, causing Kaycee to gasp.

“Polo!?” She squeaked, smiling.

“Hah! Got you! You thought I couldn’t hear you swimming behind me, but you were wrong!” Joe exclaimed, opening his eyes. He wrapped his arms around Kaycee and spun her in the water.

Nick was keeping afloat not far from the edge of the pool, facing away from me, and I took this as an advantage as I slowly raised myself from the beach chair and crept to the edge of the pool.

Joe and Kaycee were watching what I was about to do, and just as I leaped, Nick looked over his shoulder.

I splashed into the luke-warm water, resurfacing just a few seconds later to see Nick shaking his soaking wet curls out of his face.

“And I got you!” I laughed, swimming over to him.

“Not cool.” He said, being sarcastic of course. He raised his arm up and sent a huge splash right in my face. I barely had time to recover air from the water when I felt Nick’s lips on mine. I wrapped my hands around his neck, moving my right hand thru his hair as his lips worked to part mine.

“Woah! Hey!” Joe scolded from where he was still floating with Kaycee.
“Cut the watersports. It’s much more fun to play Marco Polo, cause you know, that’s a five person game.”

I laughed into Nick’s mouth, but we kept on kissing. I felt his hands glide over my back in the warm water, and I tugged on his short locks again.

“Nicholas Jerr…” Joe began, but Nick cut him off, well us actually. He broke the kiss apart to send Joe a death glare.

“Don’t call me that!” He shouted, splashing Joe.

“Oh, you wanna have a water war? Two can play at that game, bro!” Joe said, letting go of Kaycee and swimming closer to his younger brother.

So Joe thinks of kissing as a game, huh? Very interesting.

“No. I don’t, actually.” Nick said, pulling himself up onto the edge of the pool. He was resting on his stomach, and as soon as Joe stopped, Nick started kicking his feet, sending cascades of water right into Joe’s face.

Before Joe could retaliate, Nick pulled himself up the rest of the way, turned around and then bent down; face to face with Joe.

“Guess what, Joe?…Now I got you.” Nick laughed, then pulled himself away from the edge as quickly as possible, before Joe could pull him in.

Joe splashed the water in frustration, and Kevin and I couldn’t help but laugh.

Kaycee and I followed Nick’s lead and jumped out of the pool, going over to dry off. I picked up my phone as I sat down next to Nick on his beach chair. It read three-thirty.

“Ooh, Kaycee, we should probably go if we want to get ready for the dance.” I said to her as she walked past.

“Alright. I need to take a shower anyway. I smell like chlorine.” She said, picking up her towel.

“Same here, sister.” I stood up and put my phone into my beach bag.

“Hey! Hey! Two parts Disney, where are you going?” Joe exclaimed from the pool, swimming quickly to the ladder.

“It’s three-thirty. We gotta go get ready for the dance.” I replied.

“2 ½ hours to get ready? Man, and I thought I took long!” Joe exclaimed, picking up his towel.

“You do!” Kevin and Nick shouted together, causing me and Kaycee to giggle more.

“Well, we’ll see you at the dance.” I said, giving Nick as kiss on the check. “Hey Joe, what was that you said about watersports?” I asked Joe as I turned around to see him and Kaycee in a full on lip-lock.

“Wha? Oh, uhm, nothing.” He broke apart the kiss to answer my question, then gave Kaycee a soft smooch on the lips.

“See you later, Joe.” Kaycee said. She gave him a hug and then we started making our way to our cabin.



As soon as we were in the door, we dashed for our suitcases. I flung mine open and started tossing things out. What in the world was I going to wear!?!

“Have you found anything yet?” I asked Kaycee, turning around to see her tossing clothing items over her shoulders.

“No! Should we just wear the dresses we wore to the dinner in the Bahamas?” Kaycee asked frantically.

“Fashion alert!!” Did she seriously just say what I thought she said? “Girls never wear the same thing twice when going out with a guy!”

“Rich girls don’t. Poor girls do. I’m not saying I’m poor, because I am pretty wealthy, and I know you are too…but I mean, where did all the nice outfits I packed go?!” Kaycee shrieked.

I kept digging in my suitcase until I finally found something that was somewhat decent for a cruise-dance at last minute - a turquoise Hollister tank, and a white flowing skirt.

“Perfect!” I gasped, holding the tank and skirt together.

“That looks cute and fashionable. What do you think of this?” Kaycee commented. She held up her own outfit - a sky blue summer dress.

“Oh, now that’s cute!” I said, laying my outfit on my bed.

“Thanks. Alright, I’m hitting the shower, so you can get whatever else you need for you outfit while I’m in there. Then we’ll switch; and then we can do our hair and make-up.” Kaycee said.

“Sounds like a plan.” I smiled, unzipping my other suitcase.

I dug through it until I found my jewelry bag, and I started going through some of the many necklace and earrings sets I had brought with me.

I settled on a simple, 18 karat diamond necklace. The pendant was a star, with a smaller star in the center. My father had given it to me for my 16th birthday. I continued searching through the pouch until I pulled out my disco drop Sterling Silver earrings. I placed them and the necklace back in their velvet boxes and then set the boxes on my outfit.

By the time I was finished picking out my outfit and completely reorganizing and packing my bags, Kaycee was finished with her shower.

“Your turn!” She said, smiling.

“Okay.” I said. I gave her a smile before I headed in to take a shower myself. The warm water felt relaxing to my body. My shoulders stung a little and I realized I must’ve gotten burnt while we had been swimming.

When I finally got out of the shower, I wrapped my hair up in a towel to keep it damp, but not dripping. I put on my undergarments and then slipped into the night’s outfit.

Kaycee was already in her dress, and I noticed she had two silver chains around her neck. One had a starfish pendant and the other was an anchor.

“Kaycee, did you like pack all your jewelry that was ‘in theme’ for a cruise?” I asked, putting air quotes around ‘in theme’. Even her earrings were ‘cruise themed’ - captain’s steering wheel.

Do they call it a steering wheel? Well, I wasn’t sure, but that’s besides the point.

“Hmm I guess I did.” She giggled, looking down at the chains around her neck.

“They’re pretty either way.” I said. I headed back into the bathroom where I blow-dried my hair and then curled bits and pieces of it to make it look slightly wavy. My medium-length brown hair now framed my face nicely.

Kaycee was sculpting her hair into a bun, leaving a few strands hanging down. I curled them and they sat nicely against the side of her head.

After we had each put on a light amount of make-up, we looked at ourselves in the mirror.

“Ready?” I asked, brushing some lip gloss on my lips.

“Ready!” Kaycee replied.

Even though we weren’t wearing a couple-thousand-dollar dresses, I felt like a celebrity walking down the red carpet as we made our way towards the same venue where the boys had had their cruise concert.

I spotted the boys waiting outside for us, and once again they looked charming in their tuxes.

“You look gorgeous.” Nick said to me as I approached him.

“Thanks. I feel like I’m going to a red-carpet event or something.” I blushed, looking down at my feet.

“You haven’t experienced a red-carpet event until…well, until you’re on the red-carpet!” Kevin explained. I giggled as I placed my hand through Nick’s arm and we headed inside.

The interior of the venue had been decorated with blue sheets on the walls, making it look like waves. Ship anchors, ‘steering wheels’, and other ship accessories adorned the walls. Nets hung from the ceiling, and had starfish, crabs, sharks and other sea creatures in them as well.

“Kaycee!” I called to her as she, Joe and Kevin made their way to a table. She turned to look at me. “You fit right in!” I pointed around, and she started glancing at all the decorations.

We followed them to the table and took a seat.

“Hey, look!” Joe exclaimed, pointing his finger in the direction behind us. There was a long table covered with a sky blue cloth, and several pots and dishes were sitting atop it. “Buffet!”

With that, Joe scrambled up from the table, grabbed Kaycee’s hand and they headed for the buffet table.

“No time to eat?” I asked the boys., still looking over my shoulder and watching Kaycee and Joe.

“Nope.” They replied in unison.

“So, we’re here to dance, let’s dance.” I said, standing up. I put my hand out and Nick grabbed it. He gave me a twirl before we headed over to the dance floor.

We started swaying in tune to the music when it suddenly changed to “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder. Nick smiled and twirled me again as we changed steps to go in tune with the music.

I looked up towards the DJ table and saw Kevin waving to me.

How does he do that? I asked myself as I grinned sheepishly.

“What?” Nick asked.

“What do you mean ‘what’?” I asked, getting confused.

“You said ‘How does he do that?’” Nick said.

Oh snap. I said that out loud. Why couldn’t my conscience just know when to keep quiet!?

“Your brother asked the DJ to play this song.” I said, smiling lightly as we continued to sway to the music.

“That’s Kevin for ya. Romantic.” Nick replied, turning his head to the side and twirling me again.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, still moving with the music.

When the song ended, everyone started clapping. The DJ then put on a better dancing song - “Pour Some Sugar on Me” by Def Leppard.
I started snaking my arms and then twirled myself around, coming face to face with Nick as I grabbed the collar of his jacket with my right hand.

“Wow.” He said, breathing rapidly.

“Never thought I could dance, huh?” I asked him, still dancing to the music.

“Uhm, no.” He replied, putting his hand on the back of his neck and rubbing it up and down.

“I guess there’s more to me that you don’t know, huh Jonas?” I said, laughing. He caught my hands and we moved into a fast paced dance across the floor. I caught sight of Kaycee and Joe rockin’ out to the song over near our table and Kevin was rockin’ with them.

As the song came to an end, Nick moved his hands from my waist, placing his left in my right, and placing his right hand on my back, dipping me down.

“Thanks for the dance.” He whispered in my ear as he pulled me back up.

“Your welcome.” I whispered back.

“Alright, this is for all the couples in the house tonight!” The DJ’s voice rang throughout the venue. I watched as several moms and dads came out onto the dance floor, and some teenagers who had brought their boyfriends along too, as the song “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond came out of the speakers.

“We sing this on our tour.” Nick said, putting his hands on my waist as we twirled in tune to the music.

“Really?” I asked, clasping my hands together around his neck.

“Yup.” He said.

Where it began.
I can’t begin to knowin’
But then I know it’s growing strong.
Was in the spring
Then spring became the summer
Who’da believe you’d come along?
Hands, touchin’ hands


Nick took my hands from around his neck and placed them in his. I smiled as he hummed, dancing along with the music.

Reachin’ out, touchin’ me, touchin’ you.

I took one of my hands and touched his cheek, running down along his jawline.

Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I’ve been inclined
To believe they never would
But now I


Nick sang along with the chorus, making me smile as I laid my head against his chest.

Look at the night
And it don’t seem so lonely
We fill up with only two.
And when I hurt
Hurtin’ runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when holdin’ you?
Warm touchin’ warm
Reachin’ out, touchin’ me, touchin’ you.

Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I’ve been inclined
To believe they never would
Oh
No
No
Sweet Caroline
Good times never seemed so good

Sweet Caroline
I believe they never could


“Sweet Alison. Good times never seemed so good.” Nick sang along as the song faded, and I couldn’t help but blush as he changed the lyrics.

“I’m going to miss you.” I whispered in his ear, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck.

“Me too, Ali. But we’ll only be apart for a few weeks. And then we’ll be leaving on the tour.” Nick said reassuringly.




The sky was clear and star-filled when the ship docked later that night. I saw my mom in the lamplight, waiting on the pier below me as I wheeled my luggage down the ramp.

“Ali!” She screamed my name, running over to me and giving me a huge hug.

“Hi, Mom!” I said, hugging her back.

“Did you have fun?” She asked, taking one of my suitcases.

“That’s an understatement.” I said, giggling as I hugged her again.

“I’m glad you had a good time.”

“Me too. Oh! There’s someone I want you to meet…Two people, actually.” I said. We quickly put my things in the car before returning to the pier. I saw Kaycee with her parents and decided I’d introduce my mom to her first.

“Mom, this is Kaycee. Kaycee, this is my mom.” I said once we had reached Kaycee.

“Hi, Kaycee!” My mom said. She gave her a hug, while Kaycee’s parents introduced themselves to me.

“We’ll have to stay in touch.” I said to Kaycee. “But I don’t think that’s going to be too hard.” I giggled.

“I don’t think so.” Kaycee agreed, laughing. “I’ve got to now, but we should hang out as soon as possible!”

“Bye.” I said, giving her a hug.

“She seems very nice.” My mom said as I led her in the direction of the ramp. I saw Nick and his family surrounded by some police officers and Big Rob.

“Come on, Mom.” I grabbed her wrist again.

Gosh! I should just get a leash for this woman! At least then I wouldn’t have to grab her wrist every time I wanted to show her something! I could just tug on the leash.

As we approached the group, I was worried that the officers wouldn’t let me through to Nick. Luckily, Big Rob saw me and motioned for me to come over.
Nick pushed through the crowd and met me by Big Rob.

“Mom, this is Nick…Jonas. Also known as, my boyfriend.” I said. My mom gasped and then hugged Nick, who hugged her back.

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Parker.” Nick said after giving my mom a hug.

“So…you two…are…Really?!” Sometimes my mom could get a little too tweeny.

“Yep.” I was surprised she hadn’t heard it on the news, but then again, she probably hadn’t done much TV watching while I had been gone.

At that moment Mama and Papa Jonas came over to my mom and they started engrossing in conversation.

“Remember our plan?” Nick asked me after he had pulled me a few feet away.

“Of course I do. Do you think your mom will actually let me and Kaycee come on tour with you guys?” I asked hopefully.

“No doubt about it.” Nick replied. He pulled me close and we hugged. “I love you, Ali Parker.” He breathed before pressing his lips into mine. I kissed him back, and then we broke apart.

“I love you, Nick Jonas.” I replied.


No comments:

Post a Comment