Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Ten

~.Alison’s POV.~

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Nick on the ship. Since our secret was out about us, it didn’t really matter to keep hidden from the other people on the cruise. Of course, we still had Big Rob with us, just for protection.
I didn’t get back to the ship that night until 8:30. Kaycee was already asleep, so I went about packing my things in a quiet manner; trying not to disturb her.

I left an outfit out for in the morning, along with my make-up, but made sure that everything else was secure in my suitcases.

By the time I laid down in bed at 9:15, my eyelids were barely managing to stay open.


I was awoken the following morning by Kaycee. She was zipping around the room, hurriedly packing her things.

“I see you’re feeling better.” I said, sitting up a tad and rubbing my eyes.

“Yes indeed!” She replied.

I listened to her rummage around in the bathroom while I laid in bed for a moment longer. I decided I had better get up now, after all, I wasn’t going to be able to fall back asleep.

“So did Joe ever come and visit you?” I asked, slipping my feet into my slippers and grabbing my pile of clothes from the top of my suitcase.

“Yeah, actually. He brought me some tea. It was really good. We hung out and watched movies.” Kaycee said, coming out of the bathroom and smiling.

“I’m sure you gave him your lovely bug, no doubt?” I replied.

“No. It was just food poisoning. He’ll be fine.” Kaycee said, then she paused. “Unless he ate the same thing as I did.”

I gave her a sarcastic grin before going into the bathroom to get ready for the day. Since I had already packed the night before, I just tossed my pajamas and bathroom accessories into my least-packed suitcase and zipped it up. I set both of my bags by the door.

“Shall we go get some breakfast?” I asked Kaycee. I pulled out my phone and quickly punched in a message to Nick.

Ali-P: Mornin’! We’re going out for breakfast. Care to join us?

“Okay, let’s go!” I said, closing my phone.

“Aren’t you going to wait for him to text you back?” Kaycee asked, pointing at my phone.

“They can meet up with us. Besides, we have to figure out where we want to eat, first.” I explained to Kaycee. She nodded and then we headed out the door.

As we walked down the deck in search of a place to eat, it dawned on me how much I was going to miss this cruise. Especially since this was the place where Nick and I had met. To think that if I hadn’t come on the cruise, I wouldn’t be dating a Jonas Brother; well, that would just be insane. It really was the best start to the summer, and I wouldn’t replace it for the world.

Kaycee’s voice interrupted my peaceful thoughts.

“Alison? Are you awake in there?” She asked, tapping my shoulder.

“What? Ugh, yeah, sorry.” I replied. I glanced down at my phone and saw that I had one new text message.

Nick-J: Of course. Where are you eating?

“Quick, Kaycee! Where are we eating?” I asked hurriedly, punching buttons on my phone to reply to Nick.

“Uhm…how about that place? Err, no. Oh! What about that place? Yes! Definitely that place!” Kaycee’s mind was definitely going with it’s own drum beat today.

“What’s it called?” I asked her, motioning for a faster reply.

“Uhh, Horizons on the Sun…Ooh sounds fancy!” Kaycee said.

I gave her a giddy smile and I texted Nick with the name.

Ali-P: Meet us at Horizons on the Sun.

We started making our way over to the restaurant when Nick replied.

Nick-J: Ooh, sounds fancy! See ya there!

I guess Nick and Kaycee’s minds are actually beating the same today, which is rare. I laughed as I read Nick’s text.


By the time our drinks had arrived, the boys were just getting there.

“What took you so long?” I asked Nick as he took a seat next to me.

“We were waiting for Joe.” He replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Yeah, Ali. You know how he takes forever. He had to make sure his hair was ok.” Kevin said. He reached over and ruffled Joe’s perfectly brushed hair.

“Hey! It took me ten minutes to get that perfect!” Joe scolded. We all erupted into laughter.

The waiteress came by again and we all gave her our orders. The waitress was young; I would guess around Kevin’s age, and I could tell she had a thing for him just by the way she was acting, and apparently someone else noticed too.

“Woah, Kev. That waitress was totally digging you.” Nick said once the waitress had disappeared from earshot.

“Really?” Kevin asked. He must have been blind to not notice it, but then again he did have thousands of girls drooling over him, so maybe it just wasn’t so obvious anymore.

“He’s right, Kev. She totally was.” Joe chimed in, giving a nod towards his older brother.

“She must not know I’m engaged.” Kevin smirked. I stifled back a giggle.

“I can’t believe this is our last day on the ship.” Kaycee said, changing the subject.

“I know. This was definitely the best start to my summer vacation. What am I going to do without you?” I said, turning to Nick as the last few words slipped from my mouth.

For a minute he didn’t reply, and the look on his face seemed to be telling me the one thing girls never want to hear from their boyfriends: It’s over. But then he grinned.

“I’ll call you whenever I can. Or text,” He touched his finger to my nose, “And I’m sure we’ll be able to fly out to you guys, or you could fly out to us. We’ll figure something out.”

“Uhm Mr. President?” Joe said, looking like he had the most brilliant idea ever.

“What, Joe?” Nick asked.

“Dude! They can go on tour with us!” Joe practically shouted. I moved my hand in a “quiet down!” manner, and looked over my shoulder. Thankfully no one was staring. Phewww.

“Brilliant!” Nick said, clapping his hands together like he always did.

“There’s just one problem.” I interrupted the best idea that Joe had probably come up with in the past two weeks. The boys shot me their “What?” faces. “I have to go back to school in September.”

“I’m sure we can get our tutor to…tutor you with us on the road.” Joe prompted after a few moments of mulling over my question.

“Another brilliant idea from the mouth of the brother I like to call DJ Danger!” Kevin said, making us all laugh.

“So it’s settled then? You guys will come with us on our tour - if our parents say yes; and Ali you’ll get tutored with Nick on the road.” Joe exclaimed.

“Yep! Sounds great to me!” I exclaimed, high-fiving Joe’s outstretched palm.

I guess I hadn’t been paying attention to what Nick had ordered, because when our food finally arrived, I was secretly wishing I had ordered what was now sitting in front of him.

“That looks delicious.” I said after the waitress had left. I looked down at my own plate; yup, it definitely did not compare in deliciousness to Nick’s dish.

“Here.” Nick said. He took his fork and cut a piece of his…whatever it was, and put it in my mouth.

“Wow. Yum! What is that, anyway?” I asked him, beginning to dig into my own breakfast.

“Uhm, it’s some type of omelet. There’s ham, bacon, cheese, broccoli…” Nick said, naming off the things as he looked inside of his omelet.

Broccoli?!” Joe interrupted, almost spitting out the scrambled eggs he had just taken a bite of. “Who puts broccoli in an omelet?”

“It’s just like steamed veggies, Joe.” Nick said, twirling his broccoli-stabbed fork.

“Ehh.” Joe twitched, focusing his eyes back to his own meal.

“Hey guys! Did you hear about this?” Kaycee suddenly asked, looking up from…you guessed it, the Disney Cruise-letter.

“Well, let me think. You’re the only one who reads the Disney letter, so I’m thinking we haven’t heard about ‘this’.” Kevin said, putting air quotes around ‘this’.

Kaycee gave Kevin a glare, making him dive hungrily back into his breakfast. “Anyway, the ship doesn’t dock in L.A. until 9 pm tonight. At 6, there’s a dance, for everyone on board!”

“A dance? Why didn’t we hear about this sooner?” Joe exclaimed, this time almost spitting out his orange juice.

“You’d think we would of heard by word of mouth. But then again, nobody tells us anything.” Kevin sighed, leaning back in his chair and throwing his arms up.

“Dude, don’t be so dramatic. We can still go.” Nick rolled his eyes as his brothers.

“Great! Let’s go, then! All of us. As a group!” Joe said. He held up his glass for a toast, which we all had to join in on or he would pitch a fit.

“To…Disney!” We all said in an awkward unison.

No comments:

Post a Comment