Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter Five

The following morning Kaycee and I found a great restaurant for breakfast and we indulged ourselves in pancakes and syrup. Kaycee was once again reading the Disney Cruise-Letter in between bites of the sweet morning food.

“Did you call Joe yet?” I asked her, seemingly as it was my turn to pester her about the rock-star, instead of the other way around.

“Not yet. I think I’ll call him later. I know they’re probably tired from the show last night.” Kaycee explained.

I heard my phone beep from inside my purse and pulled it out to find a new text message.

Nick-J: Hey Ali. Are you and Kaycee up for hanging with me and my bros tonight in the Bahamas?

I laughed when I saw that Nick had highlighted the word “Bahamas” in the color of the ocean-water, but I wasted no time in sending him a reply.

Ali-P: Of course! Sounds like fun. (:

“Who are you texting?” Kaycee asked as I shut my phone.

“Guess.” I said. Her only response was her eyes lighting up.

“Ooh, what’d he say!?” She was more focused on me now than the Cruise-Letter.

“He asked if we wanted to hang with him, Joe & Kevin tonight…” I was building up the suspense… “In the Bahamas!” The last part might of came out like a little shriek, but Kaycee caught on.

“You know what this means right?” Kaycee asked, her eyes getting wide. “We need to go shopping!!”

She was so right about that! I needed something new to wear, and I bet there were tons of gorgeous summer outfits just waiting for us in the Bahamas.

“Oop, hold on, Nick texted me back.” I said, putting my finger in the air.

Nick-J: How does seven sound?

“What’d he say? What’d he say?” Kaycee begged.

“He said they’ll meet us at 7. We dock at 2, so that’ll be enough time to go shopping and get ready.” I sent him a message back.

Ali-P: Perfect. We’re going to hit some stores before we meet up with you guys. Where at?

“Ok. And, in case you’re wondering, I told him we’re going to go shopping, and oh, I asked where we’ll meet.” She nodded.

Nick-J: The Bahamian Club. Paradise Island.

Ali-P: Sounds cool. We’ll be there!

Of course I didn’t bother asking him how he knew if there was a Bahamian Club on the Island, I knew he’d been there before, and I knew he was the serious one, so he probably took it upon himself to find places to eat.

Nick-J: Great. See you then!

“Ok, it’s all set,” I said once I had finished my short but awesome conversation with the 2nd-youngest Jonas. “We’re to meet them at The Bahamian Club on Paradise Island, at 7 PM.” I squealed.

“Eeep! I can’t wait!” Kaycee exclaimed, “Are we lucky or what?”

I nodded. So lucky.




As soon as the ship docked, Kaycee and I had our feet on that gorgeous white sand. You can’t just go to the Bahamas and not play in the sand and water! We had decided to hang out on the beach until 3, and then go shopping.

Lucky for us, the ship’s staff had a guard on duty, and only passengers were allowed back on the ship, that way you wouldn’t have to rent a hotel room for the day. This was great since me and Kaycee would have to change into our outfits for tonight.

The Jonai had been walking behind us as we exited the ship, and I had heard them muttering something about tonight. Of course, as soon as we hit the boardwalk, they were surrounded by fans. As we had walked to where we were playing in the sand now, Nick had texted me saying they were going to be renting a hotel room for the day they would have a place to rest in-between sight seeing.

“Isn’t this gorgeous?” I asked Kaycee as I bent down to pick up my flip-flops and let the cool sand pour over my feet.

“Super gorgeous.” Kaycee agreed. We stared out at the crystal blue water, which looked warm and inviting.

“We’ll have to swim tomorrow.” I told her as we walked along the shore. We only had 48 hours on the beautiful island, because it took 4 ½ days to sail back to L.A..

“To swim in the Bahamian waters!” Kaycee growled in some sort of accent, which she must of thought sounded Bahamian. I giggled at her and we continued walking along the sandy beaches.

It wasn’t even 3 yet when we decided to hit the stores, but we couldn’t just keep passing them by and drooling over what we saw inside, so we had decided to give up the beach and go shopping!!

We first decided to hit up the original beach store with all your beach-y needs. I had remembered to pack my camera in my purse, so when Kaycee tried on a captain’s hat, I made sure to put one on too and we took a picture.

“This is going on the wall our cabin!” I exclaimed as we giggled over it.

“Too bad the hat’s $15! I would love to buy it, but I need money for tonight’s outfit, and that’s not a part of it!” Kaycee laughed as we walked down an aisle filled with beach toys.



By the time we had gotten into the third store, Kaycee already had her entire outfit picked out, and all she needed were accessories. She had chosen an orange Monsoon Fusion dress, and matching orange flats to go with it, costing her a total so far of $83. I’ll admit, the dress looked a little funky with the pattern going up each side of it, but it looked cute on Kaycee.

“You are such a great shopper,” I said to Kaycee through the wall of the changing room. I was trying on a sky blue dress with white flowers on it, and so far I liked it. It was the same brand as Kaycee’s.

“What do you think of this?” I asked, coming out of the dressing room.

“Oh my gosh! You look amazing! Nick’s going to flip!” Kaycee squealed when she saw it.

“Thanks Kaycee! By the way, you may not want to advertise our date with the You-Know-Who bros tonight…we don’t want fans crashing it, do we?” I asked her. She gave me a return “I get it” face and went back to looking for a headband.

We quickly paid for our dresses before going to another store to shop for accessories. I was looking in the shoe department when Kaycee came running up to me, squealing.

“Look. At. What. I. Found!” She said each word in a different breath, and held out a pair of earrings to me. One said “Rock” and the other said “Roll”.

“Oh my gosh! Those are so cute! They totally match your dress, too!” I exclaimed.

It didn’t take me long to find a pair of shoes I liked, and then we headed over to the jewelry section. I immediately spotted some gorgeous bangles that I knew would go fabulous with my dress, so I put them in the shopping cart.



“Are you all set to go?” I asked Kaycee after we had paid for our things and were walking out of the store.

“Yep.” She replied, pulling her cell out of her purse to check the time. “It’s 4:30; we still have 2 ½ hours till we have to meet them. I bet if we just hung out for a half hour on the ship, and then started getting ready, we’d be able to make it on time. After all, it will probably take us fifteen minutes just to find and get to the place!”

I agreed with Kaycee and we made our way back to the ship where we grabbed something to eat and then headed out to the deck to tan for a short while.



We were able to tan for forty-five-minutes before we headed back to our room to get ready. Once again, Kaycee insisted on doing my hair, and I let her, only if she promised to put the Jonas’ CD Lines, Vines, & Trying Times into her portable boom-box and set it on the bathroom counter; of course, she agreed and got down to curling and styling my hair.

In return, I did her hair. She insisted on letting it hang down and loose, so I just made it wavy and let her bangs side-sweep over her forehead. My hair was up in a pony-tail with the bulgy-rocker bangs in the front.

After we’d finished each others’ hair, we set to work doing our own make-up. The only difference between us really was that I used sky-blue eye shadow and Kaycee used a peachy-orange shadow. I applied pink blush to my cheeks, bronzer to my forehead, and then a dark blue eyeliner. Kaycee had done her eyes in a simple black eyeliner, going with the pink blush and bronzer for her cheeks and forehead too. Of course, we couldn’t forget the lip-gloss, and we both rubbed a clear gloss on our lips.

I went into the main room and started going through my top dresser drawer before pulling out a white clutch. I put my cell phone, wallet, a mirror, lip-gloss and some touch-up make-up inside.

“Kaycee?” I asked as I snapped the clutch shut.

“Yeah?” She replied from the bathroom.

“Did you get the directions to the club?” I asked, giving myself a quick once-over in the hall mirror before looking at the clock: 6:15 PM.

“Yeah. There near my purse.” I wandered over to her bed where her purse sat, and sure enough there were the directions to the club. I looked them over and mapped our route to the club with a pen. It didn’t look like it would take us that long to get there.

Okay, you guys can see there outfits here:
Kaycee (orange) & Alison's (sky blue) outfits: http://www.polyvore.com/kaycee_alisons_outfits/set?id=10347180
Joe (left) and Nick's (right) outfits: http://www.polyvore.com/joe_nicks_outfit/set?id=10347195
Look for the link to my new signature later! :)
Danielle (left obv.) and Kevin's outfits:
http://www.polyvore.com/danielle_kevins_outfits/set?id=10347199

1 comment:

  1. THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN ON COMALA, COLIMA; MEXICO, IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE PICTURES OF NATURE, FORREST, SIERRA, AND MOUNTAIN BIKE, PLEASE VISIT. www.mtbprimates.blogspot.com

    THANK YOU SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete