Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter Two

There he was. The boy in my dreams this morning. Right there. On the same ship as me. Was that a coincidence or what? Maybe I was dreaming again…I slapped myself in the head once. Nope, not dreaming. This was reality, baby. And Nicholas Jerry Jonas and his two brothers were sitting right in front of me.

“Hi, what’s your name?” The youngest Jonas asked a fan. I couldn’t hear what she said in reply, because at that moment the rest of the girls in line started screaming again.

“You know what this means, right?” I asked Kaycee, trying to hold back an earsplitting scream. She shook her head.

“We’re getting in that line. Our rooms can wait till later, can’t they?” I asked, a big grin began spreading across my face.

“Of course they can! Do you have anything for them to sign? I’ve got this book.” She replied, holding up the Jonas’ book.

“No…uh… I know! I’ll have them sign my jeans shorts!” I exclaimed, putting my hands around the material that was at the top of my thigh.

“Alright.” Kaycee replied, a little shakily.

Before she could say any more, I grabbed her by the wrist again and made a dash for the end of the line. Luckily, there weren’t too many girls before us; in no time, we’d be speaking to the Jonas Brothers themselves!

We hadn’t been standing in line for more than 5 minutes when I caught Kaycee checking her watch. I looked over at her, and when I looked up, Nick was staring right at me. When he saw me noticing him, he quickly looked back down.

Way to go, Ali. The cutest rock-star on the ship just looked at you, and you couldn’t even manage half of a smile?!

It took us ten more minutes to get to the front of the line. I kept noticing Nick glancing at me between signatures and photos. What was he staring at? Did I have something on my face?

“Kaycee, is there anything on my face?” I asked her, erring on the side of caution.

“Nothing out of the ordinary; you know, eyes, nose, mouth. You’re golden. Why?” She asked, looking towards the Jonas’.

“Just curious, is all.” I replied. I turned back to the Jonases, and realized I was holding up the line. I blushed. Great way to make an impression on the Jonas Brothers and the fan girls, Alison!

“Hi, what’s your name?” Joe asked me as soon as I stepped in front of him.

“Alison, b-but you can call me Ali. It d-doesn’t matter.” Great. I was stuttering.

“Hey Ali,” A voice whispered to Joe’s right and I looked over, seeing that the voice belonged to Nick. How could his voice in my dream earlier this morning sounded just like it did in real life, when I’d never met him before? I quickly narrowed it down to all the YouTube videos I’d watched of the boys.

“Hi, Nick.” I replied, giving the biggest smile I could muster.

“Uhm, do you have anything for us to sign?” Joe asked curiously. I caught him eyeing me, obviously searching for some type of paper or a book or something of signing-matter.

“I don’t. I was wondering, could you…sign my shorts?” I gulped. The worst is over…or not: All three of the Jonas boys blushed at my question, but Joe didn’t hesitate for too long. He came around the table to sign the front of my jeans; Nick & Kevin followed his lead, and then I gave each of them a hug. How I didn’t pass out, I had no clue.

I waited near the exit area for Kaycee to get her book signed. The entire time Nick kept glancing over at me. The look on his face told me he hadn’t said what he’d wanted to, but he wasn’t sure if he should say it now. Finally Kaycee was finished getting their signatures, receiving hugs, and oh, did I mention, taking pictures with them separately and then a group photo? I’d only wished I hadn’t put my camera in my suitcase.

“Oh my Jonas!” Kaycee exclaimed as she made her way over to me. I blushed, knowing that she said it loud enough for the Jo Bros to hear. I looked over my shoulder: Kevin & Joe were signing autographs but Nick was looking at me again, this time with a big smile on his face! Oh great, he totally thinks I just said that. I may be Jonas obsessed, but I wouldn’t yell OMJ as I’m walking away from them! They must think it’s soo weird.

“Oh by the way, Nick wanted me to give you this.” Kaycee handed me a slip of paper.

I read what was on it, having to do a double-take until I realized it was Nick J’s cell number!

“OH MY JONAS!” I said it…ok so more like screamed it…louder than Kaycee had. I sneaked a look over my shoulder. Nick was laughing at my reaction, knowing that I had definitely been the one to blurt the three words out that time. I blushed a little, but inside, I couldn’t believe my heart hadn’t exploded yet.

Kaycee and I settled ourselves down and then made our way to our room.
It was amazing: There were 2 loft beds, and the room had to be about 25x25, because it was huge! Larger than I would of thought rooms on a ship could be!
We began unpacking our suitcases and filling our sides of the dresser with our clothes.

I had just finished my suitcase and was starting to unload my make-up and bathroom accessories in the bathroom when I heard Kaycee shout from the main room.

“So, when are you gonna call Nick? By the way, you’re so lucky!” She said. I looked around the wall of the bathroom to see her plastering her side of the room with posters of JB. I began to wonder if there would be any room for mine when I saw the stack she had yet to hang up!

Call him. Boy I hadn’t thought of that yet. I mean, he just gave me the number. I’m sure he’s still at the meet & greet.

“Later. You know, before dinner or something.” I replied, going back to my unpacking.

“That’s if he doesn’t call you first.” Kaycee giggled.

“What?” I reappeared around the wall. Kaycee’s words shocked me and I flung myself against the door jam with such force, I kind of knocked the wind out of myself. I put my hand to my chest, took a deep breath and then stumbled over to Kaycee.

“I kinda gave him your cell number, because he might of asked for it…” Kaycee said carefully.

“OH MY GOSH! Thank you, thank you! I can’t believe Nick Jonas has my number. You are a-mazing!!!” I squealed, jumping up and down. “Just to thank you, you can take Nick’s number so you can…, I dunno, hook up with Joe or something!”

“Ahhh!!! Wow! Thanks, Ali!” Kaycee replied. We both locked hands and began jumping up and down, squealing.

Now that’s what I call rockin’ the boat.

End of Chapter Two

No comments:

Post a Comment