Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter Four

~. Alison’s POV.~

The following Friday was our 5th day aboard the ship. We were almost to the Bahamas, and I could barely hold back my excitement.

“I just can’t believe we’re actually going to the Bahamas. I’ve been wanting to go there since…” I was dishing my dreams to Kaycee as we sat and enjoyed lunch. The Jonas Brothers were dining a few tables over from us, and once again, the youngest Jo Bro couldn’t focus his eyes anywhere but on me. “Well, since I don’t know when.”

“I know, I know.” Kaycee was murmuring. Between bites of her salad, she was reading the latest Disney Cruise-Letter. “Oh my gosh!”

“What?” I barely managed to swallow my lemonade, causing it to go down the wrong way, as I choked out the question. I raised my hands in the air to help clear the intrusion of my wind pipes, and Nick must of thought I was waving to him, because he returned a wave, along with his adorable smile. I couldn’t help but muster one back through my fit, to show I had seen him.

“The Jonai are having a concert tonight! Of course, it’s free for everyone on the ship. The first 75 guests there get dibs on seats first. We are so going.” Kaycee exclaimed.

“No way!? What time does it start? We’ll have to be there early.”

“It starts at 8:00. I’m sure if we’re there around 5:30, we’ll be the first of the 75. I mean, how many people are on this cruise? How many actually read the Disney Cruise-Letter?” Kaycee asked.

She made a very good point. There were only about 250 guests on board. Even if it was a Disney Cruise, I was certain not everyone could like the Jonas Brothers…which was really a shame on their part. They had no idea what they were missing out on!

Of course, my thoughts were soon distracted when I heard a crash. I looked up to see that Joe had smacked right into a waiter, causing lemonade to splash all over himself and his brothers. Nick stood up and the lemonade was just dripping off of him.

“Oh my gosh! Poor Nick!” Kaycee remarked. “It’s a good thing he’s wearing dark colors.”

Once again, Kaycee made a very good point. Joseph, aka Danger, apologized quickly to the also-sopping waiter, before grabbing the tin of napkins off their table and tossing them on the floor to mop up the mess. The look on Kevin’s face was just as shocked as Kaycee’s. It seemed all he could do was stare with his mouth open at the mess, and gape at Nick who was trying to use a napkin to soak up the puddle in his chair.



Around five o’clock, Kaycee and I began to get ready for the Jonas concert. As I did my make-up, Kaycee was blabbing from the room wondering if Nick had been able to get the lemonade out of his outfit, and of course himself.

“I’m sure he did, Kaycee. I mean, showers are quite common.” I joked.

“Yes I know.” Came Kaycee’s voice.

I finished my make-up, got dressed, and finally did my hair. We were finally able to exit the room after Kaycee was finished repairing a bracelet, and surprisingly, we were even 5 minutes early.

“Wow.” Kaycee exclaimed once we had finally gotten to the line.

“What?” I asked, obviously unaware of what she was ’wowing’ about.

“Look at this! We’re like, the 20’s in the line. Yes!” She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the line before we could be the 30’s…or worse.

Much too our happiness, the guards let us in at 6:30 to watch the boys do their sound check, so we only had to stand in line for an hour, which wasn’t all that bad.

I was shocked as Kaycee drug me into the venue - yup, that’s right. The venue was just like that on land, but smaller of course. Either way, I was impressed that they could have such a thing on a ship.

We managed to get 2nd row seats, which was amazing!! I had never had such great seats to a concert before, let alone a Jonas Brothers concert! We were only waiting about ten minutes before the boys came on stage to do sound check. Immediately me and Kaycee, along with all the other fan girls, started screaming.
Amazingly, Nick was right in front of me the entire time.

They sang 5 songs for sound check, and also interacted with the fans. I caught Nick staring at me a few times while he strummed the chorus to “Tonight” on his guitar.

“This is amazing!” I shouted over the music to Kaycee. We were both standing up and dancing and singing along with the boys. “It’s a good thing you read that newsletter!”

“I know, right!?” Kaycee exclaimed back, breathless from singing along with Joe, Nick & Kevin.

When the Jonai were finally done with sound check, they got off the stage and walked down the aisle on the outside of the seats. Me and Kaycee jumped up from our seats and went to the end of our aisle. Big Rob was leading the boys from the stage to the backstage area. We both put our hands out as they passed. I felt Big Rob’s hand hit mine first, followed by Kevin, Joe and then finally Nick, who practically gripped my hand and didn’t let go.

I felt something in my palm and grasped it, pulling it in front of my face to see what it was. I shrieked as I looked at what was in my palm.

“What?” Kaycee asked, pulling my shoulder.

“Two genuine backstage passes!!” I shouted, of course not too loud. I wasn’t about to get mobbed.

“Le gasp! No freaking way!!!” Kaycee exclaimed, taking one of the passes from my hand. She flipped it over, her mouth dropping open. “Omigosh!”

We jumped up and down and then put the lanyards around our necks. We weren’t about to lose those passes! Since the boys weren’t going to be coming out until eight, we decided to go get merch and food, but one at a time so we wouldn’t lose our seats.

I let Kaycee go first, and she came back with a Jonas T-shirt, and curly fries. I stole one of her fries before heading off in the direction she’d told me to go.

The shop was filled with loads of Jonas merch. I had only brought $35 with me, so I decided on a T-shirt for $15, and then grabbed myself a burger and drink.

By the time I had made it back to my seat, it was 7:30. The only opening act was Mitchell Musso, but he still got a lot of support, especially since nobody knew he was even on the ship. Apparently, he had just gotten there today.




After the most-amazing-concert-of-my-life, was over, Kaycee and I headed backstage.

“I can’t believe I’m about to meet the Jonas Brothers!” Kaycee exclaimed as she linked arms with me.

“We met them on Monday, remember? I mean, of course we didn’t get to hang out with them.” I started gushing.

“Are you forgetting your dinner date with Mr. Youngest-Jonas?” Kaycee asked me.

“Of course not,” I replied, “And Frankie’s the youngest. Nick is the second youngest.”

Kaycee just replied with “Still.”

We showed our passes to the guard after having to ask directions to back stage. It was absolutely amazing back there. There was a catering table, lots of comfy looking couches, dressing rooms, and tons of musical equipment.

“Hey!” I heard a voice calling from someplace, and looked ahead. It was Joe.

“Omigosh, Hi Joe!” Kaycee exclaimed, letting go of my arm and running over to him.

That’s not the way to a guys’ heart, Kaycee. I thought to myself as Nick & Kevin came up behind Joe.

Nick gave me one of those cute no-teeth grins and came over to say hi.

“Hey Ali. Did you like the show?” He fiddled with his hands before shoving them in his jeans pocket. I wondered how that worked for him, because his jeans were super skinny.

“Yeah I loved it! Best show ever.” I said. Kevin introduced himself to me, which he by no means needed to, of course I knew who he was! And then Joe did the same.

“So you girls must of won our meet & greet passes?” Kevin asked as we all sat down on some couches.

“Actually, no. Nick gave me two passes after the sound check.” I replied, causing Nick to blush. Obviously, he hadn’t told his brothers who I was.

“Oh you did, didja Nicholas?” Kevin pestered.

“Yes, Kevin, I did.” Nick snapped at his older brother, but then his tone changed, “This is Ali. The girl I took out for dinner on Monday night, remember?”

“That’s right! I remember you! We signed your jean shorts for you at the meet & greet.” Joe exclaimed. Now was my turn to blush.

That was followed by a round of laughter, causing me to blush harder.



We chatted with the boys for another half hour before they said they needed to go, and we agreed. Joseph gave Kaycee his number, which made her freak out, and they promised we’d hang out soon.

Kaycee was non-stop chatter all the way back to the room. After we changed into our pajamas and got ready for bed, we sank into bed to go to sleep. Kaycee was snoring quite quickly after she laid down, but I couldn’t get Nick off my mind.

Maybe he’ll hang out with us tomorrow. That’d be cool. I wonder what they’re going to do when we dock in the Bahamas tomorrow afternoon? Hopefully they won’t be bombarded with fans and we’ll still be able to chill like they promised. Ugh! What are you saying, Ali!?! You have the whole week ‘s ship ride back to LA with them. There’s plenty of time for hanging out.

I let the last thought sink into my brain before it shut down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment