Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter Three

I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard my cell phone ringing. I quickly grabbed a towel and put it around my body before opening the bathroom door. Kaycee had gone to the upper deck to look in the gift stores, and I told her I would meet up with her later. I grabbed my phone off my bed, glancing at the clock on the table which read ‘5:00’, before opening my cell.

“Hello? This is Ali Parker.” I said in a sweet voice. I wondered if my mom was calling me.

“Hey, Ali. This is Nick…Jonas.” The male voice on the other end of the line sounded shy.

I about dropped the phone. Nick had called me, first!

“Uh, hey Nick.” Why did I sound so dumb!?

“I was uhm wondering, if you maybe wanted to go and get a bite to eat later tonight?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, sure! I mean, uhm that’d be great!” I replied, trying to keep it cool.

“Does 6:00 sound fair?” From his tone I could tell he was looking at his watch.

“Yeah, six o’clock, great.” I exclaimed.

“Awesome. See you then…oh, what’s your room number?”

“277.” I replied. He said “Okay” and then we hung up.

As I shut my phone I resisted the urge to scream. I bolted back to the bathroom to quickly change into some clothes before going out to find Kaycee.



When I found Kaycee, she was sitting at the ice-cream bar, picking at a delicious looking mound of ice cream with strawberries all over it.

“Kaycee, you will never believe who just called me.” I said, grabbing the seat next to hers.

“Oh my gosh…let me guess. It was him…” She leaned in closer to whisper in my ear, “Nick Jonas?”

“Yesss!!!” I practically sang out. I blushed when I saw some other girls looking at me, and lowered my voice. “Yeah, he asked me out to dinner with him tonight! He’s coming by our room at six to get me.”

“Well then why are you dressed like that, girly? Oh, no time for an answer, come on, we’ve got to get you ready.” She said. Before I knew it she was dragging me by the wrist back to our cabin. She locked the door behind us once we were inside, and then grabbed a stool from our table and placed it in the bathroom.

“Sit.” Came her simple instruction. I obeyed, and she got set to work on my make-up. She brushed a bronze blush over my cheeks; put black mascara and eyeliner on to make my eyes pop, and then put a little purple eye-shadow on my lids.

Once she was finished with my make-up, she quickly set to work beginning to style my hair. As she sculpted it into a side-swept bun, leaving most of it loose and curly (think this: http://www.weddingdetail.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/wedding-hair-styles.jpg) , we discussed the latest gossip…about celebrities of course.

“There. Finished!” She exclaimed when she was finally done with my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror, and my jaw dropped.

“Don’t you like it?” She asked.

“I love it!” I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around her in a hug. “It looks like I’m going to a prom or something.” We giggled.

I got up and dug around in my dresser drawer to find a top to match my eye-shadow; luckily I had brought with me a nice long flowing purple tank. I changed into it, and then put on a white pair of capris. I decided to add something else, and threw on a black flowing sweater.

“You look amazing.” She said, turning me around in front of the mirror.

“Thanks.” I looked at the clock that was sitting on the bathroom counter. It read 5 minutes till six. “Oh my gosh, he’s going to be here in 5 minutes!” I ran out of the bathroom to grab my purse; I shoved my cell phone inside, whipped out a tube of lipgloss and smeared the gloss on my lips.

“One last thing!” Kaycee exclaimed. She went over to her side of the room and dug through her jewelry box, pulling out 3 gold & silver bangles. They matched perfectly with my dirty blonde hair.

I had just finished putting the bangles on when I heard a knock at the door. I squealed and dashed towards it, stopping only for a second to peer in the bathroom at the mirror, then walk normally towards the door.

I opened it to reveal Nick Jonas, in a black tux, with, amazingly, a light purple button-down shirt under the black jacket. I turned back to Kacyee and mouthed: “Oh my gosh, we’re colour coordinated on our first date!” She gave me a big smile.

“Are you ready?” Nick’s question broke my coordination-shock and I turned back towards him.

“Yes.” I said, walking out towards him. Kaycee shouted a “Have a good time!” behind me as I slipped the door closed.

“You l-look b-beautiful.” Nick stuttered, trying to cover it up with one of his adorable closed-lip grins.

“Thanks. You don’t look so bad yourself.” I blushed. “So, where are we dining this fine night?” I joked, giggling a little. Nick seemed to have caught on and he laughed some too.

“I think you’ll like it.” Nick said. I was sure I would. The only thing I was worried about was being attacked by fan girls when they saw me with Nick. Of course, I should have known that he was one step ahead of me. He pulled me into a side door which had a staircase leading down under deck.

“Where are we going?” I asked curiously as I held onto his hand so I wouldn’t slip on the practically vertical stairs. I could see his cheeks were a rosy-red; he was blushing.

“The restaurant. We’re just taking a short-cut…well more like a safer short-cut.” He explained.

I readjusted the bangles on my wrist as I landed off the steps and followed him through the darkened halls. I had a feeling we weren’t supposed to be down here.

“Are we supposed to be down here?”

“Technically…not really. But what they don’t know won’t hurt them.” Nick explained. Suddenly I heard a door opening further down the hall; Nick grabbed my wrist and we flattened out against the wall.

Wow. Nicholas is a bad boy!! I figured this was something Joe would do, not Nick.

“That was close.” Nick said once the person had disappeared up a case of stairs. He dropped my wrist and motioned for me to keep following him.

“Yeah, I”ll say.” I replied, smiling. Nick gave me a smile too, with teeth this time! I held back a giggle and walked after him. Finally we came to another set of stairs.

“Here we are.” Nick said, pointing up. “Ladies first.”

Aww, such a gentleman! Of course, now I was glad I hadn’t worn a skirt…otherwise I would’ve known another reason for ‘ladies first’, if you know what I mean.

I started up the steps, and when I reached the top, I shoved open the hatch. It fell open and I realized we were climbing into the storage room of the restaurant. Now how we weren’t going to get caught, I had no clue.

When Nick had put the hatch back down over the staircase, he led me thru a door and into the actual part of the restaurant. Surprisingly, it was quite empty. We were greeted by a host who led us to a private booth and gave us menus. I didn’t hesitate to order a strawberry lemonade, and Nick ordered a Diet Coke.

It didn’t take long for our food to arrive after we had ordered. We both had ordered something simple - a huge bacon burger and loads of fries. Between eating, Nick & and I practically played ‘20 Questions’.

“So, is it my turn?” I asked after taking a gulp of my lemonade.

“Yeah, it is.” Nick replied, wiping some mustard off his mouth.

“Okay…” I took a bite of my burger while I mulled another question over in my head. “Would you ever date a fan?”

Nick’s eyes shot up to mine when my question had reached him. I could tell he was trying to hide back a laugh as he finished chewing.

“Yeah.” He said. The tone of his voice made it sound so obvious, but I was clueless. He read the confusion on my face and answered: “What am I doing right now?”

Smooth, Nick J. Smooth.

I smiled in return. “I guess that’s a yes.” I giggled.

“Now it’s my turn.” He said, smiling back.

“What’s your favorite song of mine and my brothers?”

“Uhm, well, I’d have to say ‘Black Keys’ off the new album is definitely my new favorite; aside from that, ‘Goodnight & Goodbye’.” I said.

Nick only had time to nod before the waiter came to take our plates and give the bill to Nick.

“My turn.” I said, “How much?”

“What?” Nick looked puzzled as he pulled out his wallet to pay for the bill.

“How much is the bill?” I asked.

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing I can’t cover.” Nick flashed me a sly grin, happy he was able to dodge the question with the actual answer. I wasn't so satisfied. I reached out and snatched the bill from under his wallet as he counted the money.

$35. I guess Nick wasn’t lying. Even I could cover that. Haha.

“Hey!” Nick gasped when he saw I was holding the bill.

“You were right. It’s nothing you can’t cover.” I giggled.

After Nick had paid we made our way out the actual door - instead of going down the secret way.



“I had a great time tonight, Nick.” I said when we’d finally reached my cabin.

“M-me too, Ali.” Nick replied. For a second I thought he was leaning into kiss me, but I felt his arms wrap around my back, and I hugged him back.

“I guess I’ll see you later, then.” I said, slipping my key into the lock on the door.

“Yeah, I’ll see you later.” Nick said.

~.Nick’s POV.~

After I’d walked Ali back to her cabin, I took the under deck hall back to mine and my brothers’ suite. I locked the deadbolt after I had let myself in, and tossed my room key on the table inside the door.

“Nicholas, is that you?” Joe asked from the main part of the room.

“Yes, Joe.” I replied. Why did he insist on using my full name like I was still a child?

“So how was your date?” Kevin asked.

“It was great. I had a good time.” I replied.

“Nicky’s in l-o-v-e!” Joe exclaimed, spelling out the word. “Nicky’s in love!”

“I am not, Joe! Stop it! Stop it! I exclaimed. I wanted to swipe Joe right off his feet as he bounced on his bed. I shrugged out of my tux and into something a little more comfortable before joining Kevin in playing Guitar Hero.



By the time I was getting ready for bed, Mom and Dad were just coming in from a date of their own.

“Joe, Nick, Kevin!” My dad’s voice came from the hallway.

“Yes, Dad?” We all said in unison.

“Just making sure you’re all here.” He replied. My mom came into the bedroom we were in and gave each of us a kiss.

“How was your date, Nick?” She asked me as she gave me a kiss on my forehead.

“It was good, Mom. Thanks for asking.” I replied.

Joe gave me a pouty look when I replied to Mom. “What?” I asked him.

“You weren’t that nice when me and Kevin asked how your date was.” Sometimes Joe could be such a little kid. In response, I just shrugged my shoulders, and laughed when he pouted more.

“You guys should probably get ready for bed. Lots of things going on tomorrow.” My mom suggested to Joe & Kevin, who were still emerged in the TV show we had been watching on Life.

I got up from my place on the couch and went to change into my pajamas, and brush my teeth before I climbed back into my bed, turning the light off.

No comments:

Post a Comment